Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I am a Photographer


My name is Ethan Righter, and I am a Photographer. I was inspired to become a photographer after my mother passed when I was 15 years old. The only thing I inherited from my mother was her Nikon 4004S. Living in a small town called Sunol (the neighboring town is Niles Canyon, where Charlie Chaplin’s films were made), I began adventuring through the woods and photographing everything I possibly could. I was captured. After finding out every generation in my family had been amateur photographers at one point or another, I made it my life’s goal to become a successful photographer. I began shooting on black and white film and then shot color. Once accepted at Hallmark Institute Of Photography when I was 19, I graduated to Medium Format, and Large Format film. Even shooting with a Digital Aptus back connected to a Mamiya 645 AFD. My love for capturing fractions of a second is endless. 

I am a Geek, a Dreamer, an Entrepreneur, and most important, a Photographer. 

I want my work to move people, like my mother’s camera did to me.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment